Top 25 Drinking Establishments Identified in the Breath Test Database in 2008

By Garth O'Brien | December 12, 2009 
Filed Under Washington DUI

If you are arrested for drunk driving in Washington you will be asked to provide a breath sample for the BAC DataMaster machine typically located at the police department. Some jurisdictions have the BAC DataMaster CDM which are breath test machines that can be utilized at the scene of arrest. Both of these devices are much larger than the portable breath test machines that can be held in the palm of your hand.

These evidentiary breath test machines collect various pieces of data which is retained in the machine’s database. One data point recorded is the location the DUI suspect was last drinking. In 2008, 79% of the breath tests had a generic code which means the question was not asked or the officer choose not to record that data point. However, data was recorded in the remaining 21% of breath tests.

Here are the top 25 Washington state drinking establishments identified in the breath test database for 2008:

Rank Name Location # of DUI Contacts
1 Lady Luck Cowgirl Up Steakhouse Tacoma 69
2 The Vault Olympia 64
3 Tulalip Casino Marysville 59
4 Hoops Sports B & G Yakima 54
5 Mukelshoot Casino Auburn 51
6 Wayne’s Inn Puyallup 47
7 Charley’s B & G Olympia 44
8 McClouds Bremerton 43
9 Emerald Queen Casino Fife 40
10 Schotze’s Everett 40
11 Joker’s Casino Richland 40
12 Oscar’s B & G Vancouver 39
13 Suquamish Clearwater Casino Suquamish 36
14 The Shark Kirkland 36
15 The Royal Inn Bellingham 34
16 Jake’s on 4th Olympia 32
17 Charley’s Steak and Ale Fircrest 32
18 Pint and Quarters Ale House Lacey 31
19 The Sand Bar Moses Lake 30
20 Papa’s Casino Rest. & Lounge Moses Lake 30
21 Daverthump’s Pub Lynnwood 29
22 The Pub Kennewick 28
23 Silver Reef Casino Ferndale 27
24 O’Henry’s Sports Bar Puyallup 25
25 Sharky’s Pub Sumner 25

You can bet local law enforcement patrols near these businesses on a regular basis. In fact, it is probably common for police to park across from the entrance of these drinking establishments observing every vehicle that leaves. Members of the Seattle Police Department had a few favorites. Tini Bigs Lounge was a definite favorite for SPD when I was prosecuting back in 2001.

If you frequent any of the bar, casinos or lounges listed above do not be surprised to be pulled over if you are under the influence.

DUI Blog Comments

2 Responses to “Top 25 Drinking Establishments Identified in the Breath Test Database in 2008”

  1. Tweets that mention Washington Bars, Casinos & Pubs Found in Breath Test Database for 2008 | Seattle DUI Attorney -- Topsy.com on December 13th, 2009 6:28 am

    […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by ChrisCliff, Legal Lawyer. Legal Lawyer said: Washington Bars, Casinos & Pubs Found in Breath Test Database for … http://bit.ly/8juc06 […]

  2. Twitted by ChrisCliff on December 13th, 2009 6:30 am

    […] This post was Twitted by ChrisCliff […]