By Garth O'Brien | December 14, 2008
Filed Under DUI
The Seattle Police Department patrols every side street, main street, alleyway and highway each night looking for drunk drivers. They do this with a specialized DUI patrol squad. These police officers are heavily trained in DUI detection and investigation. In fact, members of the Seattle DUI Squad train other police officers across the State of Washington how to find and arrest impaired drivers.
These men and women work tirelessly through the night, and then happily appear in court during the day testifying about their arrests. They are true professionals on the witness stand and rarely do they offer a DUI defense attorney an opening to damage their testimony. I prosecuted countless jury trials in Seattle with various DUI task force officers on the stand. They were the easiest cases to secure a DUI guilty conviction.
That is why it is so important that you retain a skilled and experienced Seattle DUI defense attorney. When interviewing a DUI defense lawyer ask the following questions:
- What percentage of your annual caseload is relegated to defending DUI?
- How many DUI jury trials did you have in the past 12 months?
- Can you provide a list of DUI training seminars or conferences attended in the past 2 to 5 years?
- Do you educate other Washington State DUI defense lawyers at training seminars or conferences?
- What percentage of your clients enter a plea of guilty to the crime charged?
- Have you or any members of your firm written articles or books related to defending DUIs in Washington State?
- How many lawyers are in the firm, and are they all DUI defense attorneys? If so, will they collaborate with their colleagues about your DUI case?
- How many years have you defended DUI cases in the State of Washington?
Finally, you must feel comfortable with your attorney and you must be able to trust that individual. They cannot tell you what to do; they merely advise you on potential outcomes and the current state of the law utilizing their training and past experience. The decision to go to trial or to plea bargain is ultimately the client’s decision. However, if you do not trust your DUI defense lawyer, then you cannot make the proper decisions for your DUI case.
There is one Washington State DUI defense law firm that can and will answer all of the questions above to your satisfaction; Fox Bowman Duarte. I have worked against them as a prosecutor and with them as a DUI defense attorney since 1999. Although, I no longer actively take on clients I manage their Internet marketing opportunities and search engine optimization strategies in an Of Counsel capacity. I confidently refer former clients, friends and relatives to this Washington State DUI defense law firm.
If you have been arrested for DUI in the State of Washington it is imperative you contact an experience defense attorney. Please fill out this contact form for a free consultation and evaluation of your DUI case. This is especially necessary if you were arrested in the City of Seattle. You must also contact us as soon as possible because your driver’s license may be at risk of being suspended by the Department of Licensing. Do not wait to complete the contact form as soon as possible after being arrested.